Saturday 24 November 2012

(Checks the clock)  Good morning!  And what a perfectly horrid morning it is too :)  so I am sat here, fending off a cat wanting to sit on my knee, watching last night's Have I Got News For You and having a chuckle :)  A cuppa will be in order soon, and a couple of biscuits too I think :)

Its just me and the cats til tomorrow afternoon as the boy has gone off to a weekend camp with the army cadets.  Although I think they will be sleeping in barracks rather than under canvas (at least I hope so anyway).  Tonight they are having a formal dinner followed by a disco, so yesterday we went out to find him a suit to wear.  After spending half the afternoon traipsing round town, we went to Tesco, where we found a suit jacket reduced from near on £40 down to just £15, and a shirt reduced from £14 to £3.  Bargain!  Got him dressed up in it last night to see how he looks and here he is:
My little boy is growing into a fine young man :)  I am so proud of him.  

So today I have been sorting out the cushions I have for sale and photographing them for my Facebook page.  I also have found some fabric that I was planning to use to make cushion covers and didn't get around to it, so now I have rediscovered it, I will get on and make them up.  Here is a sample of the cushion covers I have on sale at the moment:
This one is made from a print with fun cat images on it and bordered with a blue patterned fabric.  All my cushions have a zip in the back, for ease of getting the pad in and out.
This one is a patchwork of squares, sewn together and quilted, and bordered with a patterned fabric in neutral colours.
This one is made from a fabric with a raised dot pattern, it is backed with the same fabric.

Oh, how I wish the sun would make an appearance, it is sooo dark in here, will need the daylight bulb to see what I'm doing I think.

Righty-ho, I'm off now, have a good day, hope the weather is better with you than it is here :)  Speak soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment